Monday, August 24, 2009

Unit Two: Assignment One

Five purposes of the government are to: represent the people, rule the country fairly, protect the country and its people from danger, take care of the needs of the people, and maintain relationships and protect allied countries.
My family served in the American Revolution and I would certainly be willing to follow in their footsteps if the government refused to fulfill their duties as listed above. To me protecting the people of America and her integrity is far more important than obeying the government. At times your only honorable option is to take matters into your own hands and break the law for what is right even if it means putting your own life on the line, even if it means having to take other lives. That is my opinion, what I have been taught since birth, and will I stand by it no matter what it takes.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! You are passionate about this subject, and you clearly defend your stance. Maybe you can share your family's Revolutionary history with the class?

    Excellent post. 20/20 points.

    ReplyDelete